In four communiqués issued today, October 3, 2005, al-Qaeda in Iraq [Tanzeem Qaedat Al-Jihad Fi Bilad Al-Rafidayn] claims responsibility of sniping three National Guards in Tal Afar, assassinating Reda Abu al-Sada, a member of al-Ghadr Brigade in the area of Arab Jabour in al-Dawra, attacking Iraqi police yesterday in al-Bawari street in Tal Afar, and describe operations in al-Ramadi, where the mujahideen are alleged to have taken control of the eastern part of the city.
This past weekend, the group claimed responsibility of the following operations:
- Detonating an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) on the National Guards in Tal Afar
- Ambushing a Foot Patrol of the Iraqi National Guard in Tal Afar
- Assassinating Two Members of al-Ghadr Brigade in Baquba
- Detonating an IED on Iraqi Police in al-Miqdadiya
- A Harvest in Southern Baghdad for the Past Few Days
- A Harvest in Northern Baghdad for the Past Few Days
- Assassinating a Member of al-Ghadr Brigade in al-Sayediya
- A Harvest in Bu Ghraib During the Past Few Days
- Detonating Three IEDs on the ?Crusaders? in al-Qaim
- Shooting Down a Helicopter in al-Qaim
- Attacking a Responsible Figure of the Tal Afar Police
- Battles in Western Iraq
- Detonating an IED on the ?Crusaders? in Tal Afar
- Sniping a Member of the Iraqi National Guard in Tal Afar
- Attacking the Iraqi National Guards in Tal Afar
- Demolishing the Center of al-Wehda Section in Tal Afar
- Destroying a ?Crusaders?? Humvee in the Bridge of Dyali
- Assassinating a Builder Working for the ?Crusaders?
- Killing Two Members of the Interior Police in al-Dawra
- Hitting Two Police Cars on the Expressway of al-Dawra
A full translation of the four messages is provided to our Intel Service members.