Ansar al-Sunnah issued five communiqués today, October 19, 2005, claiming responsibility assassinating the bodyguard of a ?responsible Kurdish figure? in al-Mosul, and bombings and attacks targeting American and Iraqi forces in Kirkuk, Abu Ghraib, Arab Jabour:
- The first communiqué states than an improvised explosive device (IED) was detonated on a road in the center of Kirkuk yesterday, targeting an emergency police patrol. The bombing allegedly destroyed one car and killed seven ?converters.?
- Yesterday, the group assassinated the bodyguard of a ?responsible Kurdish devil called (Hoker)? in the industrial section in al-Mosul.
- Today, a confrontation between Ansar al-Sunnah and the Iraqi National Guard in Abu Ghraib allegedly resulted in ?big losses to their personnel (National Guards),? and a Kia car carrying guards was also destroyed.
- The fourth communiqué describes a bombing operation targeting an American Humvee today in Arab Jabour, south of Baghdad, allegedly destroying the vehicle and killing the four soldiers inside.
- According to the fifth message, an operation was executed yesterday in Kirkuk involving the use of ?light weapons? upon a National Guard car and a ?group of converters beside it,? allegedly killing three and injuring another.
A full translation of the five messages is provided to our Intel Service members.