Ansar al-Sunnah issued five communiqués today, October 20, 2005, claiming responsibility for detonating improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and a car bomb in Kirkuk, al-Doloeiya, and the road between Beiji - al-Riyadh, north of Baghdad, targeting American soldiers, Iraqi National Guards, and an oil pipeline.
- The first communiqué describes the attempted assassination yesterday of a ?high ranking responsible man of the gang of the hero of filth and disbelieving, Jalal al-Talabani,? in the area of al-Shorga, in Kirkuk. A car bomb destroyed a car of the figure?s convoy; however, ?the responsible man? survived the hit.
- Yesterday, an oil pipeline running between Beiji - al-Riyadh, which was ?seized by the crusader forces,? was blown up.
- Also yesterday, an IED was detonated on an American convoy in al-Doloeiya, allegedly destroying a Humvee and killing all who were inside.
- The fourth message states that an IED was detonated on an American vehicle in al-Doloeiya yesterday, which allegedly killed three American soldiers.
- According to the fifth communiqué, a ?strong? IED was detonated on a National Guard convoy on the roadside in Beiji - al-Riyadh, destroying two Nissan cars, ?killing and injuring all their passengers.?
A full translation of the five messages is provided to our Intel Service members.