Al-Qaeda in Iraq issued eight communiqués today, October 31, 2005, claiming responsibility for several attacks upon ?crusader? and Iraqi forces in Baquba, al-Sada, Ninawa, Tal Afar, and Deli Abbas, during the weekend of October 29-30, 2005.
- The first communiqué highlights confrontations with Iraqi police in Baquba, allegedly killing seven officers.
- Detonating an improvised explosive device (IED) on a ?crusaders? patrol? in al-Sada, western Iraq, allegedly destroying a Humvee and killing two soldiers.
- Bombing the building of Ninawa governorate, ?al-Dawassa,? on Saturday, and confronting Iraqi police with light and moderate weapons. According to the message, some of the satellite channels broadcast scenes from this confrontation.
- The fourth communiqué describes the video clip, stating that a Humvee was destroyed in al-Qadissiya section of Tal Afar, killing all who were inside.
- According to the fifth message, a National Guard member was sniped in Hore Rajab in Baghdad.
- Also in Hore Rajab, the group claims responsibility for bombing a checkpoint with mortar shells.
- On Saturday, the seventh message states that an IED was detonated on a ?crusaders? patrol? in al-Sada, allegedly destroying a Humvee, killing two soldiers and injuring two others.
- The eight message states that an IED was detonated on a Nationla Guard patrol in Deli Abbas, allegedly destroying two cars and killing two guards.
The video clip and a translation of the eight messages are provided to our Intel Service members.