In eight communiqués issued today, November 1, 2005, al-Qaeda in Iraq claims responsibility for several operations targeting American and Iraqi forces in Baghdad and al-Mosul, including multiple assassinations of al-Ghadr Brigade members, and an attack which upon an Iraqi Ministry convoy, killing the brother of Iraqi Vice President Adil Abdul Mahdi.
- The first communiqué describes an operation Sunday, October 30, in which the group attacked the convoy of the Deputy Commerce Minister in al-Mansour, destroying three cars, and killing the deputy minister, ?most of his guards,? and a deputy of Iraqi Vice President Adil Abdul Mahdi, and his brother.
- Yesterday, a member of al-Ghadr Brigade was assassinated in the al-Jihad section in Baghdad.
- Also yesterday, another member of al-Ghadr Brigade was assassinated in the area of al-Seha in al-Dawra.
- According to the fourth message, an Interior police patrol was attacked Sunday in al-Ameriya.
- Two member of al-Ghadr Brigade were assassinated in Baquba on Saturday.
- Another al-Ghadr Brigade member was assassinated in al-Ameriya.
- The seventh communiqué states that on Saturday, a suicide operation was executed on a ?cross-worshippers? convoy? in al-Mosul, allegedly destroying an armored vehicle.
- The eighth message announces the capture of an employee in the Ministry of Interior, and provides his photo ID cards identifying the man as Col. Ali Jasem Jaban.
A full translation of the eight messages is provided to our Intel Service members.