In an additional five communiqués issued today, November 2, 2005, al-Qaeda in Iraq announces the capture of a police colonel, Aisam Khaza?al Yousef Sayel, and his wife, Magda Yousef Sayel, who is a ?contender in the election in Allawi?s list,? and claims responsibility for attacks targeting Iraqi police and American forces, and assassinations of al-Ghadr Brigade members in Baghdad and Baquba.
- The first communiqué provides the photo ID cards of Aisam Khaza?al Yousef Sayel, a colonel in the training department in al-Dawra, and announces his capture Tuesday, and that of his wife, Magda Yousef Sayel, a member of the council commission and election contender. According to the message, both were investigated and turned over to the group?s Shari?a Committee.
- The second message states that an Iraqi police patrol was attacked yesterday near the hospital in al-Yarmouk, in Baghdad, allegedly destroying a car and killing two officers.
- A major in the National Guard was assassinated yesterday in al-Mansour, in Baghdad.
- An improvised explosive device (IED) was detonated on an American patrol in Baquba, allegedly destroying a Humvee, killing four and injuring three.
- According to the fifth communiqué, a member of al-Ghadr Brigade, who was also a ?spy,? was assassinated yesterday in al-Seha in al-Dawra.
A full translation of the five messages is provided to our Intel Service members.