In seven communiqués and a thirty-five second video issued today, November 9, 2005, al-Qaeda in Iraq claims responsibility for suicide bombings, improvised explosive device (IED) explosions, and assassinations targeting ?crusader? and Iraqi forces in al-Mosul, Baghdad, and Baquba. The video depicts the detonation of an IED on an American tank in al-Fallujah.
- The first communiqué states that in an operation yesterday, in ?retaliation within the fight for the Sunni people in al-Qaim,? a ?very important agent for the crusaders? was assassinated in al-Islah section of al-Mosul.
- On Monday, November 7, a suicide bombed detonated himself on a ?cross-worshippers? convoy in al-Sokkar section in al-Mosul, allegedly destroying an armored vehicle and killing all those inside.
- An IED was detonated yesterday on a Humvee on the expressway to al-Dawra.
- The fourth communiqué described a suicide operation today in Baquba, where the bomber allegedly killed fifteen Iraqi policemen and injured nine more.
- An IED was detonated today on a ?crusaders? Humvee? in al-Salam section of Tal Afar, allegedly destroying the vehicle and killing all three soldiers inside.
- According to the sixth message, an IED was detonated today on an armored vehicle on the expressway of al-Dawra - Baghdad.
- The seventh communiqué states that a member of the Shi?ite al-Dawa?a party was assassinated Monday in al-Sayediya, after which the entrances to the area were tightened by ?Allah?s enemies?.
The video clip and a translation of the seven messages are provided to our Intel Service members.