Al-Qaeda in Iraq, in seven communiqués issued today, December 23, 2005, claims responsibility for suicide bombings targeting American and Iraqi forces in Abu Ghraib, al-Mahmoudiya, and the international road south of Baghdad, and attacks upon American forces and Iraqi forces, including the deputy governor of Baghdad, in al-Adl, al-Dawra, and Tal Afar:
- The first communiqué states that a suicide bomber detonated himself on a ?Crusaders? gathering? in Abu Ghraib, allegedly destroying five vehicles.
- Yesterday, December 22, a suicide bomber detonated himself on a National Guard patrol on the international road south of Baghdad, allegedly killing ?not less than twelve converters?.
- On Monday, December 19, a car bomb was detonated on the motorcade of the Chief of Police in al-Dawra, causing him serious injury.
- The fourth communiqué indicates that an IED was detonated on an American troop transportation vehicle in Abu Ghraib, damaging the vehicle and injuring six soldiers.
- The deputy governor of Baghdad was injured in an attack on his motorcade in al-Adl, killing six of his companions and injuring another six.
- According to the sixth message, a suicide bomber attacked a combined gathering of Americans and National Guards in al-Mahmoudiya, in Baghdad, destroying three vehicles and allegedly killing ?more than fifteen between infidels and converters.?
- The seventh communiqué states that an IED was detonated yesterday on an American convoy in Tal Afar, destroying a Bradley tank and killing all who were in it.
A translation of the seven messages is provided to our Intel Service members.