Al-Qaeda in Iraq issued a 5:38 minute video yesterday, December 26, 2005, depicting a confrontation on Saturday, December 24, with Iraqi National Guards in the area of al-Atheem in Diyali, in which between thirty and forty guards were alleged to have been killed and eight vehicles destroyed, and issued a communiqué today, December 27, 2005, claiming responsibility for several car bombings on Sunday and Monday, targeting Iraqi forces in Baghdad.
In additional communiqués issued today, the group claims responsibility for the following:
- Bombing the National Guard base in al-Dowra, yesterday, December 26, 2005.
- Attacking an American base in al-Madaen area with six 120mm mortar shells on December 25, 2005.
- Destroying a Police station in al-Mosul on December 22, 2005.
- Storming a police convoy with light weapons Tal Afar on December 24, 2005.
- Detonating an improvised explosive device (IED) on an American tank in al-Mosul, on December 26, 2005.
- Detonating an IED on the car of Diyali?s governor, yesterday, December 26, 2005, while driving toward the Saed military base in Diyali.
- Detonating an IED on an American Humvee at Shahraba?an Road in Diyali.
The video clip and a translation of the message are provided to our Intel Service members.