The Mujahideen Shura Council issued over twenty-five communiqués yesterday, January 23, 2006, and several more over the course of the weekend, claiming responsibility for myriad attacks upon Iraq officials, forces, and security staff, and ?Crusader? forces throughout Iraq. In addition to these seven translated messages, the group also announced their having destroyed Humvees yesterday and Saturday in Baghdad, shooting down a reconnaissance plane on Thursday in al-Yusefiya, and assassinating two Iraqi government employees Saturday in al-Za?afaraniya.
- Two Katyusha rockets were launched at al-Mosul airport on Saturday, January 21, 2006.
- The second statement includes four operations executed in western Baghdad, including machine guns attacks upon American and Iraqi forces.
- The Ghadr ?Badr? Brigade members were assassinated in the Seha section of al-Dawra, south of Baghdad on Saturday.
- According to the fourth communiqué, an IED was detonated on a car of Badr Brigade members in al-Sayediya, in Baghdad.
- A Katyusha rocket was launched last Wednesday, January 18, at the ?Crusader base of Scania,? south of Baghad.
- An ambush composing of three IEDs and concealed mujahideen targeting ?Crusaders? in Baghdad resulted in the destruction of four vehicles and the alleged death of ?not less than seven? soldiers.
- The seventh communiqué states that a contractor working with the ?Crusaders? and three of his companions were ?eliminated? in the area of al-Sayediya.
The Mujahideen Shura Council, according to their statement of establishment, is composed of six insurgency groups in Iraq: al-Qaeda in Iraq, Victorious Army Group, Ansar al-Tawhid Brigades, Islamic Jihad Brigades, the Strangers Brigades, and the Horrors Brigades, collaborating to meet the ?unbelievers gathering with different sides? and defend Islam.
A translation of the seven messages is provided to our Intel Service members.