The Mujahideen Shura Council issued nearly two dozen communiqués today, January 25, 2006, claiming responsibility for operations targeting ?Crusaders? and Iraqis in Baghdad, al-Fallujah, al-Mosul, Baquba, and Diyali, of which in nine, they claim responsibility for a suicide bombing targeting a combined checkpoint of ?Crusaders? and National Guards in Baghdad, assassinations of al-Ghadr ?Badr? Brigade members, and detonations of car bombs and improvised explosive devices (IED?s) on such targets:
- Destroying Two Crusader Humvees, Killing Who Were in Them
- A Suicidal Operation on a Checkpoint of the Infidels and the Converters
- Detonating a Car Bomb on a Crusaders? Convoy
- Destroying a Crusaders? Humvee, Killing Who Were in It
- Assassinating a Leader in Badr Brigade on Palestine Street
- Detonating an Explosive Package on a Crusaders? Foot Patrol
- Assassinating Three Elements of al-Ghadr Brigade in the Area of al-Dawra
- Eliminating a Crusader Spy
- Killing Five of the National Guards in the Area of al-Tarmiya
The Mujahideen Shura Council, according to their statement of establishment, is composed of six insurgency groups in Iraq: al-Qaeda in Iraq, Victorious Army Group, Ansar al-Tawhid Brigades, Islamic Jihad Brigades, the Strangers Brigades, and the Horrors Brigades, collaborating to meet the ?unbelievers gathering with different sides? and defend Islam.
A translation of the nine messages is provided to our Intel Service members.