The Mujahideen Shura Council issued seven communiqués amongst several more today, February 10, 2006, claiming responsibility for attacks upon ?Crusader? and Iraqi forces in Baghdad, al-Mosul, and Baquba, including bombings, assassinations, and armed confrontations:
- The first communiqué states that two ?infidels? were sniped in the area of al-Yusefiya in Baghdad on Tuesday, February 7.
- On Monday, a confrontation ensued with the ?Crusaders? in al-Yusefiya, allegedly killing some and injuring others.
- A member of the ?converted? Ministry of Interior was assassinated in the area of al-Dawra, south of Baghdad.
- According to the fourth communiqué, an improvised explosive device (IED) was detonated Tuesday on a ?Crusader? Humvee in al-Mosul.
- The fifth message states that an IED was detonated on a Humvee on the road of Shahraban on Monday.
- The sixth message contains information regarding three operations executed upon National Guard barracks in Baquba between Wednesday, February 8, and today.
- The ?harvest? of military operations for Wednesday and Thursday are listed in the seventh communiqué, as seven different attacks upon Iraqi police in al-Mosul are described
The Mujahideen Shura Council is composed of seven insurgency groups in Iraq: al-Qaeda in Iraq, Victorious Army Group, the Army of al-Sunnah Wal Jama?a, Ansar al-Tawhid Brigades, Islamic Jihad Brigades, the Strangers Brigades, and the Horrors Brigades, collaborating to meet the ?unbelievers gathering with different sides? and defend Islam.
A translation of the seven messages is provided to our Intel Service members.