The Mujahideen Shura Council issued nearly two dozen communiqués between Sunday, February 12, 2006, and Monday, of which in seven the group claims responsibility for attacks on motorcades of Iraqi security officials, bombings targeting ?Crusader? and Iraqi forces in Baghdad, al-Ramadi, and al-Mosul, and states that the Shi?ite government in Iraq perpetrated the car bombing outside a Baghdad mosque last Friday February 10, not the mujahideen. Also, the group issued their second video yesterday, depicting the bombing of a tank in Baghdad.
- The first communiqué states that the motorcade of the ex-Iraqi Electricity Minister, Ayham al-Samarie, was attacked yesterday, February 13, 2006, and some of his companions were killed. The group states: ?Allah planned for him to escape this time from the mujahideen hands. He will not escape next time.?
- The second message indicates that a ?bicycle bomb? was detonated via remote control Sunday at the entrance of Kaur al-Forat Hotel in Baghdad, allegedly killing twelve Iraqis.
- On Saturday, an improvised explosive device (IED) was detonated on a ?Crusader? Humvee in al-Dawra.
- Also Saturday, another IED was detonated on a Humvee near the cemetery in al-Ramadi, allegedly destroying the vehicle and killing ?cross worshippers?.
- The fifth communiqué states that a motorcade of vehicles used by the ?dirty private security companies? in al-Moshahda, north of Baghdad, was attacked with ?light and moderation weapons?.
- The Mujahideen Shura Council announces that alleged leaks in the ?media blackening? project and the crimes against the Sunni Muslims by the Shi?ites have made them ?more insistent in their fighting the infidels and the converters until the word of Allah will prevail on the land.?
- A ?responsible officer,? a major in the military intelligence, was assassinated yesterday in al-Mosul.
The Mujahideen Shura Council is composed of seven insurgency groups in Iraq: al-Qaeda in Iraq, Victorious Army Group, the Army of al-Sunnah Wal Jama?a, Ansar al-Tawhid Brigades, Islamic Jihad Brigades, the Strangers Brigades, and the Horrors Brigades, collaborating to meet the ?unbelievers gathering with different sides? and defend Islam.
The video clip and a translation of the seven messages are provided to our Intel Service members.