The Mujahideen Shura Council of Iraqhas released to the internet numerous communiqués detailing their insurgent activities over the past few days. The most notable among these include assassinations of officers in the National Guard and attacks on vehicles of both the ?Crusaders? and ?Converters?, in areas surrounding Baghdad.
- The first communiqué claims an attack resulting in the destruction of two Humvees.
- The second message states that a rocket attack on the Converted National Guard took place.
- On Tuesday, in the area of Abu Ghraib, the group detonated a package on a Crusader Humvee.
- The Council attacked a Converted National Guard Patrol in Abu Ghraib, killing fifteen.
- The fifth communiqué states that the group destroyed a National Guard vehicle, killing six converters who were inside.
- Two converters of the National Guard were assassinated in Fallujah.
- Three Crusaders were sniped in the area of Therab Tishris, located north of Baghdad.
- The group assassinated a General of the Converted National Guard.
The Mujahideen Shura Council is composed of seven insurgency groups in Iraq: al-Qaeda in Iraq, Victorious Army Group, the Army of al-Sunnah Wal Jama?a, Ansar al-Tawhid Brigades, Islamic Jihad Brigades, the Strangers Brigades, and the Horrors Brigades, collaborating to meet the ?unbelievers gathering with different sides? and defend Islam.
A translation of the messages is provided to our Intel Service members.