The Mujahideen Shura Council issued a number of communiqués today, February 27, 2006, claiming responsibility for attacks throughout Iraq, including but not limited to Fallujah, Mosul, Diyali, and regions of Baghdad. The messages include:
1. Launching rockets against a police station in Mosul.
2. Bombing a combined checkpoint of the Iraqi National Guard and the al-Ghadr Brigade in the area of al-Madaen.
3. Launching rockets against an American Camp located at the MosulAirport.
4. Killing seven members of the Iraqi National Guard in al-Madaen.
5. Assassinating a captain in the Iraqi National Guard in the al-Khatib region of Baghdad.
6. Killing seven members of the Iraqi Police Force in the region of Bab al-Moatham.
7. Detonating an explosive package on a ?converted? police vehicle in the al-Mansour section of Baghdad.
8. Sniping a member of the Iraqi Emergency Police in Baghdad.
9. Destroying a police vehicle and its passengers in al-Howaija.
10. Bombing a coalition convoy in Fallujah.
11. Assassinating a member of the al-Ghadr Brigade in the al-Mansour district of Baghdad.
12. A description of the assassinations of the past few days in Diyali.
13. Destroying a Humvee in the al-Miqdadiya region of Diyali.
14. Attacking a police car in the al-Tahrir region of Diyali.
15. Bombing a coalition vehicle in Behrez in Diyali.
The Mujahideen Shura Council is composed of seven insurgency groups in Iraq: al-Qaeda in Iraq, Victorious Army Group, the Army of al-Sunnah Wal Jama?a, Ansar al-Tawhid Brigades, Islamic Jihad Brigades, the Strangers Brigades, and the Horrors Brigades, collaborating to meet the ?unbelievers gathering with different sides? and defend Islam.
A translation of the messages is provided to our Intel Service members.