The Mujahideen Shura Council issued six communiqués amongst several others today, March 15, 2006, in which they announce two suicide bombings targeting ?Crusader? forces and an American intelligence convoy in Ameriyat al-Fallujah and road between al-Mosul and Tal Afar, and attacks and assassinations of ?Crusader? and Iraqi forces and officials in Baquba, Samarra, and Baghdad.
- The first communiqué states that two improvised explosive devices (IEDs) were detonated on a Crusader patrol in the Tahrir area in Baquba, allegedly killing a combined eight soldiers yesterday.
- The second message describes a suicide car bombing Sunday, March 12, targeting a ?Crusader? convoy in Ameriyat al-Fallujah, resulting in the destruction of a troop transportation vehicle and allegedly killing nine soldiers.
- Two ?cross-worshipper? soldiers were sniped in Samarra Monday, March 13.
- The ?converted? director of counter-terrorism was assassinated with one of his guards in the area of al-Khadra?a in Baghdad Monday.
- The fifth communiqué states that Abu Omar al-Hijazi detonated his car bomb yesterday on a convoy of five Lancruisder vehicles near the village of Abu Mariya, on the outer road between al-Mosul and Tal Afar. According to the message, the bodies were flung from the cars due to the explosion and an eye-witness to the scene claimed to have seen more than fifteen bodies on the ground.
- The sixth message amends a previous communiqué from February 5, announcing that Safwat Salman Abdul Raziq , the leader of the internal police intelligence was assassinated, rather than Adnan Thabet al-Samarray, the commander of the police forces as had been reported earlier.
The Mujahideen Shura Council is composed of seven insurgency groups in Iraq: al-Qaeda in Iraq, Victorious Army Group, the Army of al-Sunnah Wal Jama?a, Ansar al-Tawhid Brigades, Islamic Jihad Brigades, the Strangers Brigades, and the Horrors Brigades, collaborating to meet the ?unbelievers gathering with different sides? and defend Islam.
A translation of the six messages is provided to our Intel Service members.