The Mujahideen Shura Council, in nine communiqués issued amongst several today, March 17, 2006, claims responsibility for operations targeting American soldiers and Iraqi National Guards in the al-Jazeera and al-Mala?ab sections of al-Ramadi, including detonations of improvised explosive devices (IEDs), sniper attacks and armed confrontations, and an attack in Baghdad, involving a rocket fired at the ?convention palace? of the Iraqi government.
- Launching a Krad Rocket at the (Convention Palace) Unbelieving Center
- Bombing the Converted National Guard Barracks with Mortar Shells
- Ambushing the Crusaders, Killing 10-15 American Soldiers
- Destroying Two Minesweepers of the Crusader Forces, Killing Seven Infidels
- Bombing a Checkpoint of the Crusaders with Mortar Shells
- Attacking an American Patrol on Foot
- Confrontation with the Crusaders and Their Followers of the Converted National Guard
- Sniping Two Converters of the National Guard
- Confronting the American Forces near al-Ramadi
The Mujahideen Shura Council is composed of seven insurgency groups in Iraq: al-Qaeda in Iraq, Victorious Army Group, the Army of al-Sunnah Wal Jama?a, Ansar al-Tawhid Brigades, Islamic Jihad Brigades, the Strangers Brigades, and the Horrors Brigades, collaborating to meet the ?unbelievers gathering with different sides? and defend Islam.
A translation of the nine messages is provided to our Intel Service members.