The Mujahideen Shura Council issued nine communiqués today, May 10, 2006, claiming responsibility for detonating improvised explosive devices (IEDs) on vehicles of the ?Crusader? and Iraqi forces in Baghdad and Diyali, the assassination of a police captain and other policemen and members of the National Guard, and the shelling of the al-Bakr airbase in Diyali:
- Blowing up a Crusaders? Patrol
- Launching Mortar Shells on the Police Department
- Launching Mortar Shells on the Quick Interference Center
- Damaging a Supply Truck of the Crusaders
- Damaging a Crusader?s Armored Vehicle
- Assassinating Three Converted Members of the National Guard in Diyali
- Killing Three Crusaders
- Ambush of the Crusaders and Cross Worshippers
- Killing Converted Policemen in al-Mosul
The Mujahideen Shura Council is composed of eight insurgency groups in Iraq: al-Qaeda in Iraq, Victorious Army Group, the Army of al-Sunnah Wal Jama?a, Jama?a al-Murabiteen, Ansar al-Tawhid Brigades, Islamic Jihad Brigades, the Strangers Brigades, and the Horrors Brigades, collaborating to meet the ?unbelievers gathering with different sides? and defend Islam.
A translation of the nine messages is provided to our Intel Service members.