Operations between yesterday, May 29, 2006, and Friday, May 26, targeting Iraqi National Guards, police, intelligence officers, American forces, and members of al-Ghadr Brigade are highlighted in seven communiqués amongst several issued within the past 24-hours by the Mujahideen Shura Council in Iraq. The group claims responsibility for the following:
- Launching Two Katyusha Rockets on a Check Point of the National Guard
- Assassinating Two of the Intelligence Officers in al-Athamia
- Attack on the Crusaders? Barracks in al-Fallujah
- Destroying a Robot [to Dismantle Mines] in al-Fallujah
- Assassinating a Member of al-Ghadr Brigade in al-Saidiya
- Eliminating More than 20 Policemen and National Guard [in Camp Sara in Baghdad]
- Assassinating ?Osama al-Ghadain?
The Mujahideen Shura Council is composed of eight insurgency groups in Iraq: al-Qaeda in Iraq, Victorious Army Group, the Army of al-Sunnah Wal Jama?a, Jama?a al-Murabiteen, Ansar al-Tawhid Brigades, Islamic Jihad Brigades, the Strangers Brigades, and the Horrors Brigades, collaborating to meet the ?unbelievers gathering with different sides? and defend Islam.
A translation of the seven messages is provided to our Intel Service members.