Within five communiqués issued during the past two days, al-Qaeda in the Land of Two Rivers [Tanzeem Qaedat al-Jihad Fi Bilad al-Rafidayn] claims responsibility for several attacks on American and Iraqi forces:
1. The first message claims al-Qaeda is waging ?victorious battles? against ?Jews, Christians, and their supporters from the infidel guards in Ramadi.?
2. The second communiqué cites two attacks yesterday, March 23, 2005, in Talafar. The first involved a car bomb directed at the house of a police officer, and the second described a confrontation between mujahideen and police forces. Nine people were allegedly killed in these operations.
3. Another statement highlights two separate attacks yesterday in al-Yousefia. The first was perpetrated by the Talha Ben Obeidallah Brigade in which it destroyed a truck and Humvee, killing all passengers on board. The other involved the use of 60 mm mortars on American bases.
4. The next announcement regards a Mosul attack yesterday in which the mujahideen ?detonated an explosive charge on a patrol on foot, and a mine sweeper in the district of al-Mithaq.?
5. The final communication claims a suicide operation yesterday directed against a convoy of American and Iraqi forces, to which the statement adds: ?Dead bodies were seen flying in the air.?
A full translation of the five messages are provided to our Intel Service members.