Al-Qaeda in Iraq [Tanzeem Qaedat al-Jihad Fi Bilad al-Rafidayn], in eight separate communiqués issued today, June 30, 2005, claims responsibility for several attacks executed yesterday upon American and Iraqi forces in Dyali, Mosul, Samarra, and Baghdad:
- The first communiqué states that an explosive package was detonated on an American convoy in the area of Jalulaa in Dyali, northeast of Baghdad, allegedly destroying a Humvee and killing all inside.
- Also in Jalulaa yesterday, the second communiqué describes an attack on a police patrol ?supporting the Jews and Christians,? where the detonation of an explosive package destroyed a police call, allegedly killing all inside.
- The third message highlights an attack on al-Bakr base north of Baghdad with a barrage of five mortar shells.
- Confrontations between al-Qaeda in Iraq and the Iraqi National Guard in al-Yarmouk district of Mosul yesterday, is purported to have resulted in ?death and injury of some of the converters.?
- According to the fifth communiqué, the group bombed the headquarters of the Iraqi National Guard in Samarra and they ?hit their targets….?
- In Mosul yesterday, as the sixth communiqué highlights, a ?converted [Iraqi] police station? was bombed using fifteen mortar sheets.
- Also yesterday, an America camp in Bahraz in Dyali was attacked with Katyusha rockets, which ?hit the target.?
- The eighth communiqué describes an attack on an Iraqi police patrol in the city of al-Khales in Dyali yesterday. According to the message, ?[t]hree converted police were killed….?
A full translation of the eight messages is provided to our Intel Service members.