Al-Qaeda in Iraq [Tanzeem Qaedat Al-Jihad Fi Bilad Al-Rafidayn], in six separate messages issued today, July 15, 2005, denies American officials claim that a fourth suicide bomber was captured in yesterday?s attack in Baghdad?s Green Zone, announces that assaults today are for Hasan al-Zeidi al-Iraqi, and claims responsibility for several suicide bombings today in Baghdad, and attacks on American and Iraqi forces, also today, in Baghdad.
- The first statement denies the claim of U.S. officials in Iraq that a fourth suicide bomber was captured in the attack yesterday on a government compound in the Green Zone. According to the group, ?there was no fourth one to our three knights.?
- In the second message, the group announces that today?s attacks were allegedly ordered by Sheikh Abu Musab al-Zarqawi to be in the name of Hasan bin Ibrhaim al-Zeidi al-Iraqi, a ?martyr.? Today was chosen because ?the streets will be empty and there will be very few passersby,? and are to be executed in response to purported American aggression against the Sunnis and Iraqi attacks on ?our brothers in Zowbaa.?
- A suicide attack today killing eight members of a ?crusaders? patrol? in the area near al-Nairya in New Baghdad.
- According to the fourth message, a suicide bomber targeting Iraqi National Guards detonated his car bomb in front of al-Sedeir Hotel in Baghdad, allegedly hitting more than forty people. Media reports indicate that five soldiers and 3 civilians were injured in the attack.
- The fifth communiqué states that a convoy of American forces and Iraqi National Guards was ambushed and attacked in Karkh Baghdad, killing five and destroying a vehicle.
- As described in the sixth communiqué, a suicide bomber struck a patrol of Iraqi National Guards in al-Dowra today, destroying two cars and allegedly killed fifteen ?converters.?
A full translation of the six messages is provided to our Intel Service members.