Al-Qaeda in Iraq [Tanzeem Qaedat Al-Jihad Fi Bilad Al-Rafidayn], in seven communiqués issued today, July 21, 2005, claims responsibility for several assassinations of al-Ghadr Brigade members in Baghdad, and a spate of attacks and suicide bombings targeting American and Iraqi forces in Baghdad, Mosul, al-Ramadi, and al-Fallujah:
- The first communiqué states today, a suicide operation targeting a convoy of the ?Quick Intervention Forces? on the expressway between al-Fallujah and al-Ramadi, killed more than seventeen ?converters? and those who remained ?were screaming the leader was killed.?
- According to the second communiqué, a suicide bomber was ?cruising with his car wishing to be a martyr, looking for a specific target? in al-Dowra today, and upon notification of a convoy of Iraqi Naitonal Guards in al-Boeitha, he drove to the location and ?found a sitting duck.? The bomber detonated his car, allegedly killing 25 of the National Guards.
- A group of members of al-Ghadr ?Badr? Brigade was attacked in Talafar today, where the group claims eight were killed and twelve injured.
- The forth message indicates that a female captain of the Iraqi National Guard, Amal Zalata, was murdered today with her driver, Hyder Abdul Hussein, also a member of the National Guard.
- The fifth communiqué announces the ?harvest? of the Omar Brigade in Baghdad, assassinating twenty ?ranked? figures of al-Ghadr Brigade.
- Two drivers of trucks transporting ?concrete barriers which crusaders and their followers hide behind,? were murdered today on the expressway between al-Dowra and New Baghdad al-Jadida.
- In the seventh communiqué, the group claims responsibility for several attacks within the past two days in al-Amerya, striking American and Iraqi forces with light weapons, RPG shells, and explosive packages, and assassinated a first lieutenant in the Iraqi National Guard.
A full translation of the seven messages is provided to our Intel Service members.