In five separate communiqués issued today, al-Qaeda in Iraq [Tanzeem Qaedat Al-Jihad Fi Bilad Al-Rafidayn] claims responsibility for attacks upon coalition forces and Iraqi National Guards in Baghdad, Mosul, al-Fallujah, and Rawah:
- According to the first communiqué, an explosive package was detonated on a convoy of Iraqi National Guards in al-Fallujah, destroying a vehicle and allegedly killing four guards.
- Four members of al-Ghadr Brigade were assassinated yesterday in Baghdad.
- The third message describes a bombing operation targeting a camp of the Iraqi National Guards in the Nazal district of al-Fallujah. The group alleges that eight were killed and ten injured.
- The fourth communiqués states that a ?converted police convoy? was ambushed in al-Mosul, where four vehicles were destroyed and ?not less than 10 were killed and injured.?
- In the fifth communiqué, al-Qaeda in Iraq details strikes yesterday against American and Polish forces in Rawah, western Iraq, striking with explosive packages, and a barrage of machine gun and rocket fire. The message indicates that ?enemy?s losses were estimated at 15-20 killed.?
A full translation of the five message is provided to our Intel Service members.