In six separate communiqués issued today, July 25, 2005, al-Qaeda in Iraq claims responsibility for several attacks targeting American and Iraqi forces throughout Baghdad, al-Taramya, and Mosul:
- The first communiqué states that an explosive package was detonated in al-Taramya, north of Baghdad, today, targeting a ?crusaders? convoy.?
- Also today, three Iraqi Police were killed on the Fourth Bridge in al-Mosul.
- According to the third communiqué, a suicide bomber attacked Iraqi National Guards at al-Sedier Hotel in Baghdad, today, allegedly killing seventeen guards. The message states that the hotel is home to ?a number of crusaders? contractors, and members of American and Jewish intelligence.?
- The fourth communiqué describes an attack today targeting a gathering of soldiers under al-Hathya Brigde in Karkh Baghdad, where ?not less than 14 converters were killed and more than 15 were wounded.?
- Five al-Ghadr Brigade members were assassinated in al-Taramya, north of Baghdad.
- The sixth message highlights an attack on five Turkish tankers which were ?carrying oil to the crusaders? in al-Mosul. The tankers were burned and they ?spilled the oil on the ground.?
A full translation of the six message is provided to our Intel Service members.