In six communiqués issued today, July 28, 2005, al-Qaeda in
Iraq claims responsibility for several attacks today upon Iraqi forces throughout in al-Mosul, al-Fallujah, Baquba, and Baghdad:
- The first communiqué states that today, two members of the Bishmarka and a Lieutenant Colonel of the Iraqi National Guard were assassinated today in al-Mosul.
- A group of ?crusaders and converters? were attacked in al-Fallujah today, as a center and quarters were bombed.
- According to the third communiqué, Lewa al-Zeib camp was attack today in al-Dowra, Baghdad, with four Katyusha rockets.
- A confrontation erupted between mujahideen from al-Qaeda in Iraq and Iraqi National Guards at a checkpoint in Khan Bani Saad in Dyali today, where ?ten converter enemies? were allegedly killed, as well as one soldier of the reinforcements.
- The fifth communiqué details at attack in the area of al-Razy, in Baquba, where a police checkpoint ?loyal to the Jews and Christians? was attacked with a variety of artillery. According to the message, thirteen police officers were killed, and three officers from the reinforcements were killed, also.
- The sixth message highlights an attack today on a checkpoint in Mohammad Sakran, targeting Iraqi police and National Guards. The message indicates that ten guards and five police officers were killed.
A full translation of the six messages is provided to our Intel Service members.