Al-Qaeda in Iraq [Tanzeem Qaedat Al-Jihad Fi Bilad Al-Rafidayn], in five separate communiqués issued today, July 30, 2005, announcement ?harvests? in al-Fallujah and al-Zaidan during the past week, claims responsibility for several attacks upon American and Iraqi forces in al-Mosul and Talafar.
- The first communiqué details the ?harvest? in al-Fallujah in the past week, including several bombing operations on American forces and the alleged destruction of a police precinct in al-Shurk.
- Yesterday, a suicide bomber detonated his car in the ?forest area? on the main highway to a Presidential Palace in al-Mosul, targeting an American convoy. According to the communiqué, two Humvees were destroyed and all who were inside them were killed; however, a third Humvee escaped ?due to the strong fright.?
- The third statement tells of a bombing operation today on an American tank in Talafar, completely destroying the vehicle.
- The ?harvest? in al-Zaidan is detailed in the fourth communiqué, where the group states that a checkpoint of the Iraqi National Guards was bombarded with mortar shells, and explosive devices struck a group of Americans, allegedly killing a total of seven.
- According to the fifth communiqué, four members of the Iraqi ?secret police? were assassinated today in al-Mosul, in the industrial area.
A full translation of the five statements is provided to our Intel Service members.