Al-Qaeda in Iraq [Tanzeem Qaedat Al-Jihad Fi Bilad Al-Rafidayn], in eight separate communiqués issued today, August 2, 2005, claims responsibility for several suicide bombings targeting American soldier in Heet, al-Qaim, and Bab al-Sharqi, assassinations of Iraqi officials, and operations targeting American and Iraqi forces in al-Mosul, Baghdad, Beiji, and Tikrit.
- The first communiqué tells of a suicide bombing today targeting an American convoy in Heet, allegedly killing ?not less than 7 and injuring others….?
- Also today, two suicide bombers struck an American convoy in al-Rommana, al-Qaim, in northwestern Iraq, where they ?hurt them badly.?
- Another suicide bombing is highlighted in the third communiqué, stating that today, a suicide bomber detonated himself amongst an American convoy in Bab al-Sharqi.
- An explosive package was detonated on a convoy of Iraqi National Guards in New Baghdad today, allegedly killing five and destroyed a Humvee.
- The fifth message indicates that Ali Mohammad al-Nageil al-Ne?eimy, a security officer of al-Shorqat, was kidnapped and murdered in al-Mosul.
- Ahmad Mahdi, the secretary of Adel al-Mahdi, was assassinated, along with his companions, ?Hussein,? in the area of al-Jihad in Baghdad today.
- The seventh communiqué announces the ?harvest in Beiji and Tikrit? for the last week, listing several bombing operations on American and Iraqi bases.
- The ?harvest? in al-Mosul yesterday in al-Mosul is described in the eighth message, as the group lists their operations on American and Iraqi forces.
A full translation of the eight messages is provided to our Intel Service members.