Ansar al-Sunnah, in seven communiqués issued today, August 4, 2005, provides elaboration of the attack in Haditha, killing fourteen Marines ?which the American forces admitted,? and claims responsibility for the assassination of Iraqi officials, and attacks upon American and Iraqi forces in Haditha, Kirkuk, Mosul, and Baghdad.
- The first communiqué provides details of the operation that the ?American forces admitted of,? concerning the death of fourteen Marines in the city of Haditha. The group alleges that bombing targeting a troop carrier killed twenty-five Marines, ?and not fourteen as they claimed.?
- Also in Haditha, yesterday, the group fired mortars at American troops at Berwana Hill, which was ?quenched with the blood of the children of the cross.?
- One of the ?senior converted administrators? in Kirkuk was killed day, resulting from the detonation of an explosive package.
- The fourth message states that an explosive package was detonated on an American convoy in the Fifth Police District in Baghdad, allegedly destroying an American vehicle.
- According to the fifth communiqué, one of the senior leaders of the ?Treachery Corps ?Badr?,? was assassinated today in al-Dora area in Baghdad.
- A patrol of Iraqi police was attacked at al-Kornish road in Kirkuk, burning a car and allegedly killing four officers inside.
- The seventh message highlights a bombing operation targeting an American convoy in al-Quds districts in al-Mosul, destroying a Humvee and allegedly killing all those inside.
A full translation of the seven messages is provided to our Intel Service members.