Al-Qaeda in Iraq, in seven separate communiqués issued today, August 10, 2005, announces the ?harvests in Tikrit, Beiji, and Tikrit, and claims responsibility for assassinating seven al-Ghadr members in al-Dawra, Baghdad, and attacking American and Iraqi forces in al-Mosul, Samarra, al-Hila, and al-Doloeya.
- The first communiqué lists the attacks within the ?harvest? in Tikrit and Beiji, including American vehicles, installations, and employees working at American bases.
- The ?harvest? in Samarra is listed in the second message, where the group struck American and Iraqi forces with rockets, light arms, and mortars.
- An explosive passage was detonated on a ?crusaders? convoy? in al-Doloeya, allegedly destroying a Humvee and murdering three of its passengers.
- A checkpoint in al-Hila, Baghdad, was bombed with mortar shells Monday.
- Also Monday, as highlighted in the fifth message, the group bombed a checkpoint in al-Hor section of Baghdad with mortar shells.
- In al-Mosul yesterday, the group alleges to have killed and injured twelve American soldiers in al-Qadisya district, and destroyed an American tanker.
- The seventh communiqué lists the assassinations of members of al-Ghadr Brigade in al-Dawra, Baghdad.
A full translation of the seven messages is provided to our Intel Service members.