Ansar al-Sunnah, in ten communiqués issued in the past 24-hours, claims responsibility for several assassinations of Iraqi officials and attacks on American soldiers in al-Mosul, Heet, Tikrit, Kirkuk, and Haditha. In addition, the group states that a member was able to sneak into an American base at Haditha Dam and plant an explosive device, which was detonated as the soldiers at their lunch. The group alleges that this is the second time their mujahideen were able to sneak into this base, and state: ?Too many were dead and too many were wounded, but what made it worse was that most of them were not wearing bulletproof jackets when they ate their meals.?
- Detonating Two Explosive Packages on an American Convoy, Two Humvees Were Destroyed in al-Mosul
- Attack on a Police Patrol, Burning Three Cars and Killing Who Were in Them in al-Mosul
- Assassination of a Converter of the Kurdish Union Party in al-Tahrir District in al-Mosul
- Assassination of a Converter of the National Guard, in al-Karma District in the City of al-Mosul
- Two Humvees Destroyed on the Brigade Between al-Haqlaniya and Berwana
- Destroying and Damaging Two Humvees on the Strategic Road in the City of Heet
- Assassinating a First Lieutenant Converter in the Police Force in Kirkuk
- Bombing a Crusaders? Barracks with C5K Rockets in Tikrit
- Killing 8 Crusaders by Destroying a Troop Transportation Vehicle on Haditha-Berwana Brigade
- A Hero Sneaks in an American Base in Haditha and Detonated an Explosive Package at Lunch Time
A full translation of the ten messages is provided to our Intel Service members.