Al-Qaeda in Iraq [Tanzeem Qaedat Al-Jihad Fi Bilad Al-Rafidayn], in six communiqués issued today, August 15, 2005, claims responsibility for assassinated an Iraqi military officer in Baquba, a suicide bombing targeting Iraqi police in al-Karrada, murdering three Bishmarka members, and attacks upon American and Iraqi forces in Baghdad and Bahrez.
A full translation of the six messages is provided to our Intel Service members.
- According to the first communiqué, Shamsi al-Naimi, a Special Forces Lieutenant General in Baquba was assassinated today.
- The second message describes a suicide bombing today at a restaurant in al-Karrada, allegedly killing between six and eight Iraqi police officers when the suicide bomber detonated his ?explosive belt.?
- Also today, the group attacked Iraqi National Guard members in Bahrez, in Dyali, allegedly killing six guards.
- The fourth message indicates that three Bishmarka members were kidnapped in al-Mosul, and ?Allah?s law was carried out and they were killed.?
- Iraqi police in Zayouna, Baghdad, were attacked in Zayouna, Baghdad.
- Multiple attacks upon American and Iraqi forces in Jarf al-Sakhr, south of Baghdad, are highlighted in the sixth communiqué, where the group detonated explosives upon Humvee vehicles and supply trucks.