Ansar al-Sunnah, in five communiqués issued today, August 25, 2005, claims responsibility for several attacks upon Iraqi police and National Guard members in al-Mosul, and a rocket attack on an American base in al-Owja, near Tikrit.
- The first communiqué describes an rocket attack yesterday on an American base in the area of al-Owja, near Tikrit, which the American forces responded to by firing five bombs at the source. According to the message, ?no one of the brothers was hurt.?
- An attack yesterday on an Iraqi police and National Guard checkpoint in al-Wehda, in al-Mosul, resulted in killing three ?converters.?
- Also yesterday, an Iraqi police patrol was attacked in al-Sayeda al-Tamila in al-Mosul.
- On Tuesday, according to the fourth communiqué, a defense post of the National Guard in an election center in al-Mosul was attacked with machine guns.
- Also on Tuesday, an Iraqi police patrol on the main street in al-Baladiyat section in al-Mosul was attacked with machine guns. The fifth message indicates that a ?number? of patrol members were killed and injured in the attack.
A full translation of the five messages is provided to our Intel Service members.