In seven communiqués issued today, September 12, 2005, Ansar al-Sunnah claims responsibility of bombing operations and attacks targeting American and Iraqi forces in sections throughout
Mosul, Kirkuk, and the road between Samarra and Tikrit.
- The first communiqué describes an operation targeting a convoy of the CIA at the intersection of al-Ma?ared in al-Mosul, where the mujahideen opened fire with machine guns and allegedly killed and injured an ?unknown number.?
- A car bomb was detonated today on a ?crusader? convoy in al-Ghaz section in Kirkuk, destroying a Humvee and allegedly killing those people inside.
- Also today, a patrol of Iraqi police was attacked in al-Mosul, allegedly killing and injuring an ?unknown number.?
- In the fourth communiqué, an attack yesterday is highlighted which targeted a BMW car carrying ?a group of converters of al-Barazani party? at Mothanna intersection if al-Mosul, killing the chief of the group and injuring others.
- The mujahideen again attacked the group of ?al-Barazani converters? yesterday in al-Mosul, striking with machine guns.
- The sixth communiqué describes an operation yesterday in which three explosives were detonated in Kirkuk on an Iraqi police colonel convoy, a police car, and a police car of the Ministry of Interior, killing four officers.
- On the road between Samarra and Tikrit, yesterday, an explosive was detonated on an American Humvee which resulted in destroying the vehicle and allegedly killing those people inside.
A full translation of the seven messages is provided to our Intel Service members.