Ansar al-Sunnah, in seven communiqués issued today, September 19, 2005, claims responsibility for several bombing operations targeting American and Iraqi forces in Kirkuk, al-Mosul, Balad, and Arab Jabour, and the assassination of a member of Masoud al-Barazani?s ?converted party? in al-Mosul:
- The first communiqué describes an operation Saturday targeting a Bishmarka patrol on the road of Kirkuk in al-Mosul, where the group attacked with machine guns. A ?number? of the patrol were allegedly killed and injured in the attack.
- An improvised explosive device (IED) was detonated Saturday on an American mine detector in Kirkuk, causing ?significant? damage to the vehicle.
- Yesterday, a Krad rocket as fired at a police center in Samarra, making a ?direct hit?.
- The fourth communiqué states that a member of Masoud al-Barazani?s ?converted party? was assassinated, as his BMW car was burned in the district of al-Bakr in al-Mosul on Saturday.
- According to the fifth message, an IED was detonated last Thursday on an American Humvee in al-Mosul, allegedly killing ?five general of the cross forces.? The message indicates that the executors of this operation were sought for two days in the area of al-Debs.
- A car bomb was detonated today on an American convoy in Balad, completely destroying a Humvee.
- The seventh communiqué highlights a bombing operation targeting a ?crusaders? troop transportation vehicle? in the area of Arab Jabour, damaging the vehicle and allegedly killing and injuring those who were on it.
A full translation of the seven messages is provided to our Intel Service members.