Ansar al-Sunnah, in five communiqués issued today, September 27, 2005, claims responsibility of several bombing operations and attacks targeting American and Iraqi forces in Baghdad between Saturday, September 24 and yesterday, September 26:
1. The first communiqué states that the barracks of al-Hussein division of the Interior Iraqi police were bombed in al-Mashtal, in Baghdad, last Saturday.
2. On Sunday, September 25, American barracks in al-Dogail, north of Baghdad, were bombarded with a series of six mortars.
3. An improvised explosive device (IED) was detonated on the road to Beiji - al-Riyadh, as an American Humvee passed yesterday.
4. The fourth communiqué describes a bombing operation yesterday targeting an American Humvee on the road from Kirkuk-Riyadh, which resulted in ?turning its three passengers into ash.?
5. According to the fifth message, a ?blessed ambush? was executed yesterday upon Ameircan forces on the road of Baghdad-Thala?awiya, including the detonation of two IEDs on two Humvees, allegedly killing six soldiers. The group promises that they have ?prepared for the sons of monkeys and pigs and their converter supporters who sold their religion, what will make their hair white.?
A full translation of the five messages is provided to our Intel Service members,