In six communiqués issued today, September 27, 2005, al-Qaeda in Iraq claims responsibility for bombing operations in Baghdad targeting American and Iraqi forces, attacking a National Guard checkpoint in Dyali, and assassinating a high ranking member of the Dawa party, in Baghdad?
- The first communiqué states that a National Guard checkpoint was attacked on the road of Imam E?eis-Khaniqin in Dyali, allegedly killing seven guards.
- The ?harvest? in Abu Ghraib, west of Baghdad, for the last few days is listed in the second message, including bombing operations targeting American Humvees between September 17 and September 21.
- Today, an improvised explosive device (IED) was detonated on an American convoy on Dyali Brigade, southeast Baghdad, allegedly damaging a Humvee.
- Yesterday, a car bomb was detonated on an American security convoy near al-Sedeir Hotel in the center of Baghdad.
- Also, yesterday, as described in the fifth communiqué, an IED was detonated on a convoy of Iraqi Interior police in al-Zafrananiya section of Baghdad, allegedly destroying a GMC vehicle and killing three of its passengers.
- The sixth communiqué states that Hamid al-Karbalaee, a high ranking member of the ?non-believer Dawa Shi?ite party,? was assassinated yesterday in al-Toma district of al-Dawra, Baghdad.
A full translation of the six messages is provided to our Intel Service members.